Our little town of Jackson NJ has grown up in the past 10 years. More Townhouses & Condo communities requiring dryer vent cleanings has also grown with it. Cleaning your dryer vent protects your home and your neighbors home from a dryer fire. Jackson is not the only town in Central New Jersey to experience this rapid growth over the past 10 years, just look around NJ. The requirement to maintain clean dryer vents in communities that the homes are attached on either side is a good one. If you clean your dryer vent and your next door neighbor does not, then you are still at risk of a possible dryer fire. Keep your home in Jackson safe from a dryer vent fire, have your dryer vent cleaned every 2 years for safety.
Lint is so small that it by passes the lint filter and over time it starts to accumulate inside of the dryer’s cavity and the dryer’s venting system. Once the lint has accumulated in the system there a several triggers that make the dryer overheat and ignite the lint. These triggers prevent the dryer from operating normally. Lack of airflow causes the dryer to run longer, hotter and eventually overheat. Once the dryer overheats, any lint that has built up inside of it will catch on fire.
- Have an Apex Certified dryer vent technician in once a year to clean your dryer vent. We have the knowledge to point out all the improvements that can benefit your safety.
- Have your interior of your dryer cleaned and serviced at the time of the vent cleaning.
- Inspect your dryer vent hood outside every month to make sure it is in good shape.
- Check behind your dryer for clothing or a kinked vent hose.
- Try to notice if your dryer is starting to take longer to dryer your clothes, this is the first sign of a clogged dryer vent.