A clogged dryer vent, crushed vent hose or a bird making a nest in the dryer vent, can cause your dryer to overheat and ignite the lint on fire. Even if you clean your lint filter after each load of clothes, because lint is so small, it bypasses the filter and over time lint accumulates inside of the dryer’s interior. Once this lint builds up, it creates a very dangerous scenario. Once the lint catches on fire, it can spread your home. Have your dryer vent and dryer cleaned out each year to prevent this from happening.
If you have not had your dryer cleaned out or vent serviced, please contact us for more information 732-314-7171.